Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday Music Definitions: Stars

I think that every night this week, I've had the wonderful opportunity to walk beneath the gorgeous sky in the dark. We've had good weather in Berkeley, so clear skies have been abundant. I could stare at the stars forever, well I could do a lot of things forever, including listening to my music collection and reading Joyce.

Ryan Adams - When the Stars Go Blue (live at Murat theatre 02 October 2008) [mp3]
I adore Ryan Adams, and love him even more because he is so cool about the recording of his live shows. I cannot wait until DECEMBER when I get to see him open for Oasis.

Broken Social Scene - Stars and Sons [mp3]
a nice track from a very underrated Canadian band whose music I quite enjoy.

Belle and Sebastian - Stars of Track and Field [mp3]
everytime I hear Belle and Sebastian, I laugh because I remember High Fidelity.



"it's the new Belle and Sebastian. do you like it?"
"holy shit. what the fuck is that"
"it's the new Belle and Sebastian"
"it's what we've been listening to and enjoying"
"well that's unfortunate because it SUCKS ASS!"

hahaha I love Jack Black.

and please, please watch this clip as well. I promise you it's well worth your time:



the air conditioner bit gets me every time. I love this movie.

2 comments:

Murphey said...

Hell yes High Fidelity, Awesome movie is awesome. Have you read the book? It's set in London instead of Chicago, but mostly the same, it's pretty great.

Hanan said...

yeah, I actually read the book first.

I adore John Cusack. sorry, Chuck Klosterman.