Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Morning Covers


another round of one of my favourite things in the world...covers.

music makes me so happy.

Stereophonics - Best of You (Foo Fighters cover) [mp3]
there are rumours that Foo might be done, as they've stated that they need a "long break"
they've given us some great songs, and I hope they don't break up, but if they do, I will be sad but not bitter. they've been amazing. anyhow, this cover is reaaaaaaaaaaally good, it does the song very much justice, and then some

M. Ward - Let's Dance (Bowie cover) [mp3]

I think M. Ward is a talented musician. I adore Zooey Deschanel as an actress, I cannot stand their folk duo project, She and Him.
this cover is vastly different from the original. it's not dancable at all, but it's slow and beautiful.
much love to Ziggy, as always. do give this song a listen, it's a really interesting interpretation of

Green Day - I fought the law (Clash cover) [mp3]
a "punk" band covering a PUNK band. I was watching Knocked Up last night, and a three year old girl in the movie said that she wanted to listen to Green Day. my oh my.


No comments: