Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Morning Covers


David Grey - Smile Like You Mean It (Killers cover) [mp3]
this one, I'm on the fence about. it's decent, not as good as the original of course, but I do like it a lot at times. what do you think?

Hot Chip and Peter Gabriel - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa (Vampire Weekend cover) [mp3 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

THIS IS SO SO SO COOL! it's my favourite cover at the moment, the best find in AGES. I love the line "it feels so unnatural, Peter Gabriel too, it feels so unnatural...to sing your own name" everyone needs this mp3. download it immediately, that is an ORDER

Emile Simon - Space Oddity (Bowie cover) [mp3]

I don't like this one at all, but I have a big bias against female vocalists. I thought some of my readers might like it.

The Black Keys - She Said, She Said (Beatles cover) [mp3]

I never thought the BK would cover the Beatles, but it makes perfect sense, Dan Auerbach is an AMAZING guitarist and it really shows here.

5 comments:

Murphey said...

Mmmm Peter Gabriel. Thanks!

I like the vocals on the Killers tune, though I can't remember how Flowers did on the original. I should add this to my repertoire.

Murphey said...

EMILE SIMON HAS A BEAUTIFUL VOICE
But she sounds like she's doing a Bowie Impression, but that's not exactly a bad thing. Also, cool cover.

Hanan said...

glad you enjoyed them =)

hippiesaredead said...

Gotta admit, we have a soft spot for David Gray. The dude needs to get more back to his rock side on the next record and get back from Adult Alternative world. Hopefully this is something of an indicator...

Hanan said...

hahhahahahha Adult Alternative world...oh lord that is a scary place to tread.