Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I am LOVING this new Beirut song


if you didn't know already, Beirut create music based on different countries. "Gulag Orkestar" showcased Balkan music, "The Flying Club Cup" took you through the streets of France. next, get ready for the release of two new EPs, "March of the Zapotec" (invoking Mexico) and "Holland" (more synth-pop oriented), on the 17th of February.

Beirut - My Night With The Prostitute From Marseille [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
(off of "Holland")

I've had this song on repeat for about 20 minutes now.

watch Zach give Animal Collective a run for their money.

I haven't been mesmerized by a song like this since I heard "Ulysses" by Franz Ferdinand for the first time. speaking of which, expect a record review within the next few hours, after I get back from the gym.

9 comments:

Murphey said...

That's awesome.
Bowie would be proud.

Anonymous said...

that's not a new song

Hanan said...

Murphey, I agree wholeheartedly with that statement

and anon, I realize that, but it was new in the sense that I had never heard it. so yes, let the records show that it's been around since October, but as it hasn't even been properly released yet, I reserve the right to call it "new"

Murphey said...

Don't even reply to anon unless they actually have something to say, helpful tip #1 for the internet

Also, I should have been more clear when I said I didn't like The Strokes, I really meant that I wasn't a fan and was a fan of those groups I mentioned. Also, unless their next LP (lol i dunno) is received well, I will continue to say and I am not a fan of The Strokes.
My favorite album right now is probably Folie a Deux, and my favorite song it 'I Can't Believe It' by T Pain featuring Lil Wayne.

Hanan said...

good point, but I had to rant a bit, it's in my nature.

ok, I guess, but have you listened to them thoroughly yet? that's my only quandary.

ugh. I really don't like Folie a Deux. I have been listening to Infinity on High recently though.

and I don't like that song either. but to each their own, I guess.

and just you watch, their next release will be the best record of the year.

Murphey said...

No i have not and for that I am truly ashamed.

Folie a Deux was a Stump/Wentz between it and Infinity on High.

And the T Pain song is highly enriched by the video.

Called it.

Hanan said...

did you get my message on your xanga? I just want you to give the Strokes a proper listen. I'm sure you'll change your mind.

Murphey said...

yeah, and that's why I deleted it, if you're so adamant about this, I'll buy one of their albums.

Hanan said...

yes.
Is This It. UK version if you can, but both are excellent.
trust me.
best purchase you will ever make ever.

YAY!