Sunday, January 4, 2009

Robert Plant voted 'greatest voice in rock'


it seems like everyone wants to honour the Zeppelin frontman lately.

anyhow, according to NME, the poll, which was organized by Planet Rock, ranked the following artists as follows:

1. Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)
2. Freddie Mercury (Queen)
3. Paul Rodgers (Free/Bad Company)
4. Ian Gillan (Deep Purple)
5. Roger Daltrey (The Who)
6. David Coverdale (Whitesnake)
7. Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses)
8. Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
9. Mick Jagger (The Rolling Stones)
10. Bon Scott (AC/DC)
11. David Bowie
12. Jon Bon Jovi (Bon Jovi)
13. Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)
14. Jon Anderson (Yes)
15. Bruce Springsteen
16. Joe Cocker
17. Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath)
18. Bono (U2)
19. Peter Gabriel
20. James Hetfield (Metallica)

I don't think it's biased of me to think that Julian Casablancas of The Strokes should be on here. I mean COME ON! this is pure rock genius!

and what about LOU FUCKING REED?!

4 comments:

Murphey said...

I'm glad they put Peter Gabriel on there instead of Phil Collins, Gabriel wipes the floor with Collins in every way possible.
I like this list, it's pretty comprehensive of rock styles.

Hanan said...

I agree, but I feel like this list is a bit too British. like they didn't do justice to the equally rock worthy American voices.

Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Lou Reed
Chuck Berry
Joey Ramone!
Brian Wilson
Kurt Cobain

and where the hell is John Lennon?!
MICK JONES?!

it's an ok list. it could be better.

Katie said...

Black Francis/Frank Black
Kurt Cobain

...the list is too hair-metal oriented for my taste. I never found excessive talent there.

Hanan said...

the Pixies! fuck yes. now that is iconic rock right there.