Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Music Definitions: Almost



break is almost over...but not quite there yet.

Chuck Berry - Almost Grown [mp3]
I loved Mos Def's depiction of Chuck Berry in Cadillac Records. excellent movie.

Broken Social Scene - Almost Crimes (acoustic) [mp3]
I've been on an acoustic binge lately, this is a cool version but the girl's voice bugs me.

Elvis Costello - Almost Blue [mp3]
Elvis Costello will remain, in my book, the coolest Elvis. and no, Rivers Cuomo did NOT invent the dark-rimmed, oversized lasses look.

Elliott Smith - The Worst Part is Almost Over [mp3]
oh, Elliott. <3 I don't understand how 70% of my friends don't like his music. blasphemers.

The Dandy Warhols - The Dandy Warhols Love Almost Eve [mp3]
this band is so cool. I never get bored of them. one word to describe them? funk-tastic. haha

A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover [mp3]

I love this song. and look, AFF is the stage name of a FEMALE vocalist(Alison Sudol). it must be a miracle that I don't hate her. wait, no, it's because of her talent.

BONUS:
David Bowie - Almost Grown (Chuck Berry cover) [mp3]
this one is almost as good as the original. ; )

No comments: