Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


belated by a few hours, I know

sorry guys

I slept in today, then proceeded to have lunch with my family, then my dad gave me another driving lesson. I'm basically proficient now...a few more lessons and I'll take the test.

anyhow, sorry for the delay, I'm making it up to you guys by posting some really excellent songs today.

seriously, this batch of SMC is phenomenal. I suggest that you download them all.

Adele - Black and Gold (Sam Sparro cover) [mp3]
this one...just wow. it's amazing. I think Sam Sparro is a mesmerizing wizard with magical powers to captivate anyone, and Adele does the original so much justice!

The Honorary Title - No One (Alicia Keys cover) [mp3]

I don't care what people say. I freaking love this band, whiney or not. the lead singer Jarrod does seem to be a drug addict of some sort, based on my interaction with him when I saw them at Slim's. regardless, this cover is heartbreaking and beautiful.

Voxtrot - Heaven (Talking Heads cover) [mp3]

ok, this isn't even fair. I am a HUGE fan of both Voxtrot and Talking Heads, and I only found out about and acquired this song, like, a few days ago? WTF?! Voxtrot's leading man Ramesh Srivastava is our generation's Morrissey.

BONUS:
The Section Quartet - The Man Who Sold the World (Bowie cover) [mp3]
because I looove this string quartet, and because their album FUZZBOX is probably one of the most under appreciated gems of our time, and because I love Bowie and hate it when people think that he was covering a Nirvana song (really, now, what the hell?). seriously, if you want me to punch you in the face ask me "oh, yeah, isn't that a Nirvana song? who is this Bowie person covering it?"

happy listening!

No comments: