Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Magnet: over/underrated Ramones songs


read the article HERE

most overrated:
1. We’re a Happy Family
2. Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue
3. Rock N Roll High School
4. I Wanna Be Sedated
5. Pinhead

most underrated:
1. Listen to My Heart
2. I Can’t Make it on Time
3. Pleasant Dreams (album)
4. Subterranean Jungle (album)
5. Questioningly

You know the magazine is a fan of the band when they place two albums in the underrated song category. To be honest, I've always considered the Ramones catalogue a tad expansive. not as straightforward and easy to recount as that of, say, Sex Pistols.

but who am I to question Magnet? I fucking love the following song (it's one of my all time favourites):



now excuse me, I've gotta bust out my copy of Pleasant Dreams and give it a spin.

3 comments:

Icecreams... said...

I have to disagree with this! Some of the chosen overrated songs are actually quite good, haha and also remember! you cant really distinguish a good Ramones song to an average one because they soound the same! Haha thats why they became so big and got the status of being "rockers" Haha!
Well thats my two cents.

Anonymous said...

the ramones best song is 'i wanna be your boyfriend'

Hanan said...

to icecreams, just for the record, I didn't write the list, Magnet did.

and to anon, gosh, that song makes me so happy. I love it when he sings "suhweet little guhrrl.." their debut is so incredibly excellent.