Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE

Vampire Weekend - Exit Music (for a film) (Radiohead cover) [mp3]
I don't think I've ever posted this one, even though I've listened it to bits.

Ben Folds - Lost in the Supermarket (The Clash cover) [mp3]
I love this one. it made me get up and make a cup of tea, though =)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sheena is a Punk Rocker (Ramones cover) [mp3]
solid.

Beck - Hot In Herre (Nelly cover) [mp3]
of course, Beck reinvents a classic into something barely recognizable, but totally psychedelic and awesome. the original was one of my favourite songs as a pre-teen. haha. preteen.

Conor Oberst - Kodachrome (Paul Simon cover) [mp3]
I tried to give his solo album another go this week, but it just wasn't cutting it for me. oh well.

Delta Spirit - I'm Waiting (Bill Bush cover) [mp3]
I am itching to see these guys again.

Rogue Wave - Birds (Neil Young cover) [mp3]

CSS - Rat (Rage cover) [mp3]

of Montreal - Computer Blue (Prince cover) [mp3]
I wish I had the attention span to get through this band's entire discography, but, then again, like The Flaming Lips, of Montreal is a fun band to turn to for a musical trip rather than obsessive listening rampages.

The Black Keys - Summertime Blues (Eddie Cochran cover) [mp3]

Arctic Monkeys - Baby I'm Yours (Van McCoy cover) [mp3]
I think this is the fourth or fifth time I'm posting this song, but it's just so good.

5 comments:

Allie said...

anytime you post a non-rap cover of a rap song is a good time for me

TheChef said...

my hangover thanks you

Katie said...

Nice pack. Thanks Hanan. Beck is wonderfully strange.

Eliza Cossio said...

Hanan, the Conor Oberst cover of Paul Simon is probably among my favourite things you've ever posted. And that's sayin' somethin'

love,
eliza

Hanan said...

hey Eliza I was thinking about you a couple of days ago! I'm coming up to Berkeley in a couple of weekends (on the 14th) and I'd love to see you! I'll be up the whole weekend.
glad you liked the cover. hope you've been running like a mo-fo.