Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers




ZIP FILE


Jamie Cullum - Not While I'm Around (Sweeney Todd cover) [mp3]
I swear I will get around to reviewing Jamie's new album soon, alongside a few others.

Monsters are Waiting - I Wanna Be Adored (The Stone Roses cover) [mp3]

I sing this song all of the time, so hearing a lady sing the song just seems natural

Sondre Lerche - Bluish (Animal Collective cover) [mp3]
did you forget about Sondre? well, here's a nice reminder: don't.

Hot Chip - Transmission (Joy Division cover) [mp3]

Spoon - Melted Pat (Guided By Voices cover) [mp3]

Robbers on High Street - Cool It Now (New Edition cover) [mp3]

Andrew Bird - The Giant of Illinois (The Handsome Family cover) [mp3]


Elliott Smith - Waterloo Sunset (The Kinks cover) [mp3]

Belle and Sebastian - Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles cover) [mp3]

hurrah for lighthearted covers

Ryan Adams - Everything In Its Right Place (Radiohead cover) [mp3]

wow.

The Botticellis - Here I Go Again (Whitesnake cover) [mp3]

of Montreal - Computer Blue (Prince cover) [mp3]

Beck - European Son (Velvet Underground cover) [mp3]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I've been a reader for a long time. Just wanted to say thanks for the covers. Great list this week. Especially like the hot chip and andrew bird.

Amanda said...

I've never left a comment before, but I wanted to let you know that these covers are a highlight of any Sunday morning. Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

some nice ones here, but sad to say you are out of bandwidth at box.net...

D

Hanan said...

just use the zip file. the bandwidth resets itself at the beginning of each month... if you want individual songs from box.net, you can wait until January 1st...but the zip file is a good way to go