Friday, January 1, 2010

The Strokes Post #313


let's start off the year the best way we can...

...with a Strokes bootleg!

it's The Strokes @ University of Maryland, Baltimore County on 12 October 2003, a couple of weeks before Room on Fire was released. I've been binging on 2003 era Strokes lately.

I know that to some people all of these bootlegs sound the same, but to me, they're very distinct. I absolutely LOVE their rendition of "Reptilia" here, which, in my opinion, is one of their weaker live songs. well, it's mainly the First Impressions tour that has subpar "Reptilia" performances, maybe the band were just burnt out on that song at that point. in any case, the set is great, check it out

ZIP FILE!

1. Under Control [mp3]
2. Alone, Together [mp3]
3. What Ever Happened [mp3]
4. Someday [mp3]
5. Reptilia [mp3]
6. Between Love and Hate [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
I love this song, they don't do it enough live. hear that guitar solo go go go
7. Hard to Explain [mp3]
8. I Can't Win [mp3]
9. The Modern Age [mp3]
10. 12:51 [mp3]
11. New York City Cops [mp3]
awh, at the end of this, Julian gives a nice shout out to Regina =)
12. The End Has No End [mp3]
13. Automatic Stop [mp3]
I also really adore this song. Albert co-wrote it
14. Last Nite [mp3]
15. The Way It Is [mp3]
16. Soma [mp3]
17. You Talk Way Too Much [mp3]
18. Take It Or Leave It [mp3]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey yeah, I only recently discovered that Albert co-wrote Automatic Stop, which is probably my favorite Room On Fire song. That or Under Control. Anyway, good food for thought. Reminds me that I probably owe Albert more respect.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me how much I love The Strokes. I just finished listening to the set, Hard to Explain, I Can't Win, Reptilia, and Alone Together are definite highlights.

P.S. The link for New York City Cops goes to The End Has No End.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start 2010! Hopefully it'll be a good year for the Strokes!

Hanan said...

Mary Shea, I remember, when I was first binging on RoF, I noticed something slightly different about Automatic Stop. when I looked at the booklet, it told me Albert co-wrote it. I understood

Joaquin, my bad, I've fixed it