Thursday, December 31, 2009

contest winners announced!


okaaaaaaaaaaay so the winners were chosen randomly, but in a special way.

what I did was I compiled a list of the songs which I loved this year. the ones which continuously warranted that little "repeat song" icon. they didn't have to be released this year, they just had to be songs which I really adored this year: the songs I could not get enough of.

I ordered the songs into a playlist which was sorted alphabetically by artist, and then made a corresponding list of people who entered the contest (ordered chronologically). finally, I put the playlist on shuffle and matched up the winning songs with their corresponding entrants. viola!

also, this way, everyone gets a little treat, a nice zip file of 42 songs. if you're interested in what your "song" was, you can open up the word file and figure it out based on the track number. trust me, the mix is well worth checking out =)

Hanan's favourite songs of 2009 [ZIP FILE!]

so, without further ado,

the winners of the TELEKINESIS album (and their corresponding songs):

Mary Shea [Audrye Sessions - "Perfect, Sometimes"]
K. [Death Cab for Cutie - "I Will Possess Your Heart"]
Charles [My Bloody Valentine - "When You Sleep"]
Fred [Stereophonics - "Maybe Tomorrow"]
Shane [The Wombats - "Let's Dance to Joy Division"]

(these guys were smart to mention my #1 album in their response because it heightened their chances of winning. it's basic Algebra II. what happened after I had 5 winners was I kept hitting the shuffle button until it landed on 5 people who requested Telekinesis. there were fewer of them, you see, so the laws of permutation tell us...oh man I'll stop now)

the winners of ANY ALBUM OF THEIR CHOICE [from the top ten or honourable mentions] (and their corresponding songs):

Nate [Beirut - "Elephant Gun"]
Edith [Casper Bangs - "Queen of Hearts"]
Maryanne Sullivan [Cage the Elephant - "Back Against the Wall"]
Olivia [Free Energy - "Dream City"]
Connor Green [Mister Loveless - "Just Thoughts"]

so, what I need from you guys now is a quick email, specify if you'd prefer CD or vinyl, include your mailing address, and, if you're in the latter group, tell me which album you want.

congrats to the winners, thanks to everyone who entered the contest, and rest assured, there will be many more giveaways in the future!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! You rock, can't wait to hear the album!

FRED! said...

weeeeeeeeeee!
you just made my day!!

ps: i love the mix :)

Anonymous said...

Whoa, didn't even see this. Sweet!

Anonymous said...

I got it today, thank you so much, it's great! Totally makes up for my new ipod and my Julian box set not arriving today like they were supposed to.