Saturday, April 24, 2010

band of the week: King Khan


King Khan is my current obsession. I've always had a deep rooted respect for him, knowing that he was close friends with my-heroes-the-Black-Lips which was sealed upon the release of the excellent collabo album he did with them entitled The Almighty Defenders.

but seeing him perform live two times in three days (at Coachella with the Shrines and in SF with the AD) really did me in. at Great American on Tuesday night, he delivered above and beyond with his promises of a true punk rock show.

alongside his Atlanta buddies, he broke every bound of propriety ever known to man--offending on every level possible: spewing politically incorrect declarations with his pants off, a bottle of whiskey in hand and a Bible on the floor. and the music...oh so gritty and brashly desultory.

colour me hooked.


I apologize for the lack of accompanying media, my camera got lost amidst the chaos. it was well worth it.

BONUS:
this is what the venue's response was to the show:

Last night (April 20) an incident occured at the end of the set involving inappropriate and uncondoned behavior by two of the artists performing. To those in the audience, please accept our apologies. We will continue to strive to provide an environment and music that is appropriate for all ages.

HAHAHAHAH.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Hahaha I love that it was on 420 too.