Thursday, April 22, 2010

Classic Track Thursday


from The Bends (1995)

It's hard to explain how I feel when I listen to The Bends. it's one of those albums that gets you in such a daze that all you want to do is listen to the band responsible forever and ever. I really adore Radiohead. I fell in the irrevocable black hole of Thom Yorke's brilliance upon watching the video for "Street Spirit" a few years ago. and "Just" just gets me every freaking time. when I think about it, one of the things I love about this album is, just like Is This It, every song is so powerful, it could be a single. the lines get blurred, really. goodness gracious I love The Bends. it almost feels wrong that it's their second album. it should have been their debut and Pablo Honey should have been their sophomore slump. it's disgusting, really, how Radiohead only seem to get better with every album. it makes me fear for my life.

and that is my little rant about Radiohead, mostly inspired by my happiness of seeing Thom Yorke sing live. carry on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, this is Isha here. I wanted to let people know that in my opinion of what I listen to-the strokes(thx ms.hanan), i would give this blog a rating of 3 1/2 stars.
It is pretty cool.
I would recommend it to all music lovers aka nili or niloufar.

Eric said...

I concur with Isha. I'd give this site 3 1/2 stars.

Out of 10!