Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Strokes Post #462



64 days till my birthday and one more week after that till outside lands! single day tickets go on sale today! if you're local, you can pick them up WITHOUT SERVICE CHARGES at Fox Theatre in Oakland [box office open: Fridays from 12PM - 6PM PST and on all show nights] OR at The Independent [box office: every weekday from 11AM - 6PM and on all show nights]. the latter will charge a 5 dollar fee, but it's much better than fucking ticketmaster and their 30 dollar fees.

today is BFD. my first ever concert was BFD 2006. the Strokes played that day. I left before their set. heard Is This It for the first time two months later, became a fanatic. realized I could have seen them in concert, they haven't toured since. here's to festivals, unhappy coincidences, and the future, which holds MORE FESTIVALS and finally, finally, a chance to see my favourite band ever.

yesterday, my ipod battery died, so I was listening to the radio. I turned on my car, and "Someday" blasted out of my speakers, having just started on the radio station. I am so stoked that they'll be on people's radars again!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I hate unhappy festival coincidences where you realise you could've watched someone like a month later, so annoying. But I think yours wins in the most awful one - still, you'll be seeing them soooon!

I have less than a week now 'til I see them for the first time, I'm on the verge of tears of sheer JOY.

Also increasing the excitement is this - http://tweetphoto.com/23856997 - don't think you've posted it but you may well have seen it.

On a separate note, sorry for a lack of correspondence recently - I am still following your blog with much enjoyment but exam season is slowly killing me. Though I guess I can't really complain with the weekend I'm approaching...

Anyway, hope all is well! x

Hanan said...

yep, I take the cake. both metaphorically and literally. because I have to console myself with cake.

duuuude[tte], I posted that pictures eons ago.

isle of wright, yes? fuck exams.