Saturday, November 15, 2008

new Jimmy Eat World tour to celebrate 10th anniversary of "Clarity"


they plan to play the entire album in each of the following venues

New York, NY Terminal 5 (February 23)
Washington DC 930 Club (24)
Philadelphia PA Trocadero Theater (25)
Boston MA House of Blues (26)
Chicago IL Metro (28)
Denver CO Ogden Theatre (March 2)
San Francisco CA The Fillmore (4)
Los Angeles CA Club Nokia (5)
San Diego CA House of Blues (6)
Tempe AZ Marquee Theatre (7)

I will be at the Fillmore show. "Clarity", which was released in 1999, (was that really a decade ago? I had just started middle school...) is such a good album, I got it from the clearance rack at my local record shop for 2 bucks.

Jimmy Eat World - Lucky Denver Mint [mp3]

I know this is kind of weird and random, but I always wished that Jimmy Eat World would cover "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service. I feel like they'd do it justice (there are a few covers of SGH out there that I don't particularly enjoy)

No comments: