Saturday, February 28, 2009

Arabic music!

I love that Abd Al Halim Hafiz comes after ABBA in my itunes library.

I've never posted any Arabic music on here even though I really do love the stuff. especially old Egyptian folk music like Abd Al Halim with really really long songs. in retrospect, 14 minutes is actually quite short...

let me just say that the one downside to learning languages is that you can no longer listen to music sung in that language and enjoy the sounds of the words without associations with meaning. a small downside, but I will acknowledge it nonetheless. but whatever, it's not really an issue for me, because Arabic was my first language (I didn't actually realize this fact until Professor Bishop pointed this out to me last semester).

Abd Al Halim is my mum's favourite male singer, and he rocks

maybe I'll start posting Arabic music on a weekly basis...

Abd Al Halim Hafiz - Sawah [mp3]



isn't he a cutie?

No comments: