Friday, February 27, 2009

Band of the Week: Cold War Kids


with a debut album that shook the world in 2006 (Robbers & Cowards), this Fullerton, CA based band quickly established themselves as a force to be reckoned with.

I had heard from various people that I'd love them, and once, I was waiting in line to have my records rung up and I saw Robbers & Cowards on the display shelf. never having heard them, I invested 12 bucks in a new copy of their CD. best decision on a whim I've ever made. I love that album to death.

their second record Loyalty to Loyalty dropped last year and recieved mixed reviews, but it definitely didn't show signs of sophomore slump. I reviewed it, but that post got deleted and I hadn't backed it up. the verDict was positive though.

Cold War Kids make music that is simultaneously thrashing and pretty, and I hear they're pretty rad in concert too. I'll find out in April.

tour dates:

Miami, FL Bicentennial Park – Langerado (March 7)
San Diego, CA 4th & B Concert Theatre^ (26)
Los Angeles, CA Orpheum Theatre^ (27)
Boston, MA Wilbur Theatre* (April 2)
New York, NY Terminal 5* (3)
Rochester, NY Water Street Music Hall* (4)
Denver, CO Gothic Theatre^ (20)
Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom^ (21)
Seattle, WA The Showbox at The Market^ (22)
Portland, OR Doug Fir Lounge^ (23)
San Francisco, CA The Fillmore^ (28)

Cold War Kids - G-d, Make up Your Mind [mp3]
from Robbers & Cowards

Cold War Kids - Every Man I Fall For [mp3]

from Loyalty to Loyalty

visit the boys on MYSPACE

COLD WAR KIDS ON AMAZON

No comments: