Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Patti Smith - Horses


ah, glorious.

I've heard LOADS about this album but only just bought it a couple of weeks ago from half price books (for like 2 bucks!) I JUST got around to spinning it this morning. and it has affirmed for me, yet again, that vinyl is the ultimate way to experience music.

I mean, don't get me wrong, as a music lover, I appreciate the convenience of cds and mp3s, but I usually will proceed to meticulously listening to records. most people don't. my theory is, this is why most people don't listen to good music anymore.

Patti Smith - Gloria [mp3]
now you've had a taste, go forth, follow my example and listen to Horses in its entirety! you won't be sorry.

2 comments:

Murphey said...

Vinyl is definitely a different experience, but generally only better for albums recorded on analog equipment. One of the last albums actually recorded with vinyl in mind was 'Appetite for Destruction' by Guns and Roses. Also, I would highly suggest picking up 'Presence' by Led Zeppelin, it's particularly great album for vinyl.

Hanan said...

I can never find Zeppelin vinyl at my record store, but I'm saving up to go down to the Amoeba in SF soon. I'll keep that in mind, thanks