Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Music Definitions: Michael


Lately, I've been listening to Franz Ferdinand like nobody's business. I've rediscovered how much I love their first two records, and have composed my ideal set list, starting with my all time favourite Franz song:

The Fallen
Ulysses
The Dark of the Matinee
Michael
Live Alone
You Could Have It So Much Better
No You Girls
Jacqueline
Darts of Pleasure
Take Me Out
Eleanor Put Your Boots on
Katherine Kiss Me

I am SO excited about seeing them in concert.

but, anyways, as I'm currently obsessed with their song "Michael", I realized that another one of my favourite songs was about a certain "Michael", and the band singing the latter song had a song about a certain "Andy" which paralleled the homoeroticism found in the Franz tune.

so, without further ado, here are the three songs:

Franz Ferdinand - Michael [mp3]

The Killers - The Ballad of Michael Valentine [mp3]

The Killers - Andy You're a Star [mp3]


how awesome is that performance?

happy listening and happy weekend!

No comments: