Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Julian Casablancas to release solo album, tour


!!!!!!!!!

a visit to the Strokes' official website confirmed that this isn't bogus.

the album, Phrazes for the Young, is eight songs long and will be released via Cult/RCA. It was produced by Jason Lader and Mike Mogis. luckily for us, Jules had been working on the album during the Strokes' hiatus, so this will most probably not affect the impending release of the fourth Strokes record.

Julian is planning to tour later in the year to support the album.

here's a preview of the album:



it's super trippy and I looove it.

visit Julian on his NEW WEBSITE

I, for one, am still in shock. Julian Casablancas is my hero. I cannot adequately explain how awesome this sounds.

thanks to K. for the head's up!!

3 comments:

nateraabe said...

That preview is amazing!

Jim said...

does this spell the end for the strokes?

is julian casablancas bigger than the strokes?

Katie said...

oh my god thanks for the heads up. oh my goddddd