Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Strokes Post #143


dedicated to my main man Julian, who made his internet debut today as a solo artist.

here's a quote from yesteryear:

"It's just that feeling that you have that gives you the joy and understanding that you don't have in reality. And it's not like a shortcut to reality, it's more like an expansion on the understanding of what's going on. So I think it's interesting on many different levels. And for me, as soon as I started to understand how music worked I couldn't get enough, and I was stuck. That's what I had to do or just, you know, kill myself because I didn't want to be a dentist or anything else."

9 comments:

Jim said...

wow! does this mean there is still a strokes record being made or not?

i wanted news but this is really out of left field.

SG said...

I love this quote, I heard him say it an interview before the band released Is This It? and I just fell in love with it. It is one of my favorite quotes.

kiko said...

What do you mean he make his solo debut today? Is there going to be a fourth Strokes album?

kiko said...

Just read you last post about Julian. Yes!
I am in "utter dismay."
A whole album with just Julian Casablanca's and a tour! With a Strokes album on the way! This is too good to be true. Miss You just made my day. Now I love your blog even more then before. Please keep us updated.

klein said...

that quote is from my fave jules interview! love the danish guy lol

Katie said...

This is so nice - we've been waiting for no. 4 and we happen to get this as well. I'm so excited!

Hanan said...

haha yes when I stop being lazy, I'll find the video of the actual interview. I think this is the same interview where Jules talks about frenching his cousin hahahaha

klein said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da6ujDj6ix8 there you go! he's so chatty and happy in it, i love it :)

Hanan said...

haha yes! thanks.