Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Strokes Post #146

another round of bootlegs for you fantastic folks.

this concert is from September of 2006, at Boston's Bank of America Pavilion. to date, it is my absolute favourite Strokes performance (because the Oxegen concert set list is barbarically short). the play count on itunes can attest to this. they even do "Walk on the Wild Side"!

my only qualms with the set list are that they didn't play "Trying Your Luck", "Alone Together", or "Under Control"--three of the greatest songs ever written by man or robot (and three of the Strokes' best live songs). I'm actually quite pleased that they left out "Reptilia". they rarely ever manage to do that one well live, and it disgusts me that most people only know the Strokes because of some retarded video game.

expect the second half (and a zip file) tomorrow.
enjoy!

1. Ize of the World [mp3]
2. Julian Chatter [mp3] (this always makes me grin)
3. The Way It Is [mp3]
4. Red Light [mp3]
5. The Modern Age [mp3]
6. Juicebox [mp3]
7. Someday [mp3]
8. Heart in a Cage [mp3]
9. Killing Lies [mp3]
10. 12:51 [mp3]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you ask me the strokes owe it to vido games for making them popular again,..Anyways, thanks for the great blog. I really enjoyed reading it. In fact if I were you I would go to http://www.autosurfmonster.com/ and submit this blog so thousands of others can see it for free. I am not trying to advertise for anyone, I just feel like more people should have the opportunity to see this blog and I also got a lot of free hits from them for my own blogs.. Well, I look forward to all the updates.

Jessica

Eric said...

If I were at the concert, there would be three songs of their records I wouldn't expect to hear.

1) When It Started
2) 15 Minutes
3) The Way It Is

I would have been stunned if they would have dusted off The Way It Is and I didn't think they ever played Killing Lies or Fear of Sleep live, either.

Eric said...

Sorry, but they do Reptilia right after Vision of Division. The two songs are combined in the mp3 file like YOLO/NYC Cops.

And did anyone else have trouble getting these songs on their iPod. I've been trying for about an hour and I haven't had any luck.

Hanan said...

by golly, you're right Eric. I've really got to pay attention more. I never looked at the track listing except for yesterday, and didn't see Reptilia...guess I counted my eggs too soon. whatever. it's still a great song, but not their best imo.

I looove When It Started.