Monday, July 6, 2009

Panic at the Disco loses half its members


it always comes as a shock to me when bands that start out as friends part ways. Ryan Ross (who played guitar and wrote the songs) and Jon Walker (who played bass, he was a few years older than the rest of the band) have left the band to pursue other musical endeavours.

as you may or may not know, their original bassist, Brent Wilson, was replaced by Jon after their first album was released.

this new bout of dissipation will definitely take a toll on the band's sound, which had evolved on their sophomore LP into Beatles-esque maturity.

I remember the good old days, when people thought I was making the band name up when I told them about Panic (back then, their name had an exclamation mark in it)...ah, yes, burning loads of copies of that first album in 2005...hot damn I haven't listened to that in ages.

the band had excellent chemistry on stage. this news is saddening.

Panic at the Disco - The Weight (The Band cover) [mp3]

3 comments:

CArmacher said...

...Panic at the Disco? Mental note: Never read this blog again.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge fan of the band but I have a feeling their will be many sad fourteen year olds because of this.
It'll be interesting to see how the band goes without its main songwriter.

Hanan said...

I had taken a liking to the band because of their lyrical affinity for Chuck Palahniuk on their debut, their enjoyable live shows and their surprisingly pleasant second album. but I've been looking for a reason to sever ties with them for a while, I think this'll do it.