Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Strokes Post #137


I have a fantastic bootleg for you all today.

one of my readers has directed me to mp3s of a concert that took place at Thomas Wolfe Auditorium in Asheville North Carolina in May of 2006.

I've noticed that the band has a tendency of beginning with "Ize of the World" in their 2006 concerts, which makes me incredibly happy (it makes me hopeful that the band loves the song as much as I do...then again, that probably isn't humanly possible). that song is one of the most underrated pieces of genius of the 21st century.

they even cover "Walk on the Wildside", which they have time and time again dishonestly promised never to repeat again, much to my amusement.

the concert sound quality is simply fantastic, so go ahead and download the first half below, and get listening. you can grab the rest tomorrow.

1. Intro (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]

2. Ize of the World (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]

3. The End Has No End (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]

4. Red Light (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]

5. Juicebox (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]


6. The Modern Age (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]

7. You Only Live Once (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]

8. Last Nite (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]

9. Take a Walk on the Wildside (Lou Reed cover) (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]

10. Hard to Explain (live, Thomas Wolfe Auditorium) [mp3]

6 comments:

Will said...

I was just going to say thanks for the MTV set you posted and I see you've surpassed yourelf, again, by posting this. Thanks for the bootlegs, you're ace.

Silvia D. said...

Hi, Hanan.
Thanks a bunch for sharing these.

I once found a video of them doing Lou Reed's song but the disappointment was huge because the sound was sad cel phone poor.

This is priceless, thank you thank you.

Sometimes I think that the *band* as a whole is underrated, makes me want to scream (lol).

Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they do "Ize" first because it's such a difficult song for Jules to do voice wise and if they did it later on, he'd have already been straining his pipes with all the other ones...

Hanan said...

you're all welcome

and that's a very good theory, K. that's one of the reasons I love it so much, it shows the new range that Jules explores on First Impressions.

Anonymous said...

Also, are these in setlist order?

Hanan said...

to my knowledge, yes.