Monday, August 10, 2009

calling all UK readers

hey guys,

I was wondering if one of you could do me a huge favour. according to this tomorrow's issue of NME has an interview with Julian Casablancas. I really want it. correction: I need it.

when they came out with the commemorative issue of The Strokes a few months back, I looked EVERYWHERE for it, but couldn't find it. nobody stocks NME. Fog City News used to but they don't anymore. I gave up because I was so swamped with school work but I never thought of using this blog to get my hands on one.

anyhow, all I need is for one of my UK readers to pick up the issue and send it to me (I'll email you my mailing address). I'll reimburse you in full (including shipping charges) via paypal.

any takers? I'd be really grateful. it's no secret how I feel about The Strokes.

12 comments:

_Jackie_ said...

I've been having the same problem. I missed the Muse cover a few weeks back. What I did with the Blur one is get it on ebay and it was pretty cheap.

klein said...

It's more of a mission but if you don't have any joy I can send one over from NZ - we get them here too!

Parfait amour said...

I'll look see if I can get it. I mail to the US all the time so it's no problem with the sending.

Eric said...

The 10-year anniversary episode is really cool, you should look for it on ebay.

Anonymous said...

Ahh I want in on this! Haha. I've wanted the 10 year one also. Ebay is a good idea.

I'm assuming the actual interview will be online...that's the one saving grace.

Anonymous said...

Ahh I want in on this! Haha. I've wanted the 10 year one also. Ebay is a good idea.

I'm assuming the actual interview will be online...that's the one saving grace.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Jules might even be on the cover!?

Nadia said...

If you go to the barns and noble website and search for nme you can get the digital version of the magazine, you can get one issue or get a subscription for a year for about $30. They also have back issues like the 10 year one that you can buy for like 4 dollars, I know it's not the same as having the actual magazine but it's better than nothing.

Parfait amour said...

I'll go & pick up a couple tomorrow then, and I can send one on, Y/N ???!
My email is crighton03@btinternet.com

Parfait amour said...

And I see he has the cover (albeit a pretty awful picture...)

Hanan said...

to parfait amour, yes, thank you! I'll email you right now
thanks to everyone who responded, it means a lot to me.

I don't buy digital things. the concept of that freaks me out.

speaking of, I've been looking for the 10 year issue on ebay but can't find one, but there are scans of the pages from that mag on a fan website...I'll find and post soon.

Rol said...

Looks like I'm too late to volunteer. Oh well, I haven't bought the NME in 5 years, since it turned into Smash Hits...