Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Julian Casablancas talks about forthcoming tour


via NME

"I'm in the process of figuring out what kind of show it's going to be," he said. "It's like anything, it's starting out probably a little bit too ambitious so we've got to figure out what we can and can't do and that will dictate how much touring happens. Ideally, I'm going to try to put on some over-the-top, amazing, Disney shows.

"Not Disney, but you know how they have some amazing rides where you feel like you're in a weird world, like the Epcot Centre or something? I'm not thinking of the big Goofy costume but I was thinking of how those rides make you feel with lots of set changes and stuff. But that might not happen and we'll do straight shows, I haven't quite figured it out yet, it's the next thing to do."

(of course they put the one thing that he takes back [disney] in the header...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I downloaded it it said Under Control Salty Salute...is that a GBV song? I have a different live performance of them doing Salty Salute already on my ipod...probably obtained here.

Anonymous said...

Shoot, sorry. I commented under the wrong post.

Hanan said...

yes, thank you! I KNEW it was a GBV song.
oh my goodness, it's labeled. the reason I didn't see that was I dragged the files into itunes and listened to them there, and they became labeled differently.
thanks so much Mary Shea. =)
haha yes I have two other mp3s of them covering that song. silly silly me.

Anonymous said...

Haha no problem. You probably already saw, but just in case, someone on Ripcord posted a link to scanned NME interview pages http://community.livejournal.com/oh_someday/234906.html

Hanan said...

oh sweet excellence. I didn't see that yet! I'll post it right away, oh how I love our fellow Strokes fans!

kiko said...

They made Julian look so skinney on the cover. I loved the interview and the other pics though. I can not wait for his album, and of course the Stroke's album.