Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday Music Definitions: West


because, for nineteen of my twenty years on this earth, I've lived on the West coast of the United States, specifically California's beautiful Bay Area.

Andrew Bird - Way Out West [mp3]
from the live album Fingerlings

Billie Holiday - East Of The Sun (West Of The Moon) [mp3]

Pavement - Western Homes [mp3]


Louis Armstrong - West End Blues [mp3]

Coconut Records - West Coast [mp3]
I love everything Jason Schwartzman has ever done.

BONUS:

She & Him - Sweet Darlin' [mp3]
as much as I love Zooey Deschanel, I really don't like Volume One by She & Him. I really like her singing voice but hate her songwriting. the only songs that I like from the album are the covers she does, and the one song she co-writes, with, you guessed it, Jason Schwartzman.

3 comments:

nateraabe said...

You forgot West End Girls!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you pinned it. I like the video she made with Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? though.

Hanan said...

Mary Shea, I've never seen that. all I do know is in all of her original songs, she does this I'm-from-the-South thing, which is inauthentic and annoying.

and to nateraabe,isn't that the song that Flight of the Concords parodied with "Inner City Pressure"? hahhahaha.