Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE

John Cale - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) [mp3]
the version found in the film Shrek (the actual SCORE...Rufus Wainwright's version shows up on the soundtrack), sung by a founding member of the Velvet Underground. an awesome cover, indeed. by the way, does anyone even like Nico's contribution to their debut? I sure don't.

can I say that the Bowie/ Lou Reed friendship was and will always remain one of my favourites?

say what you will about John Mayer, but he does damn good live albums.

the classical take on the Radiohead classic.

whenever I hear this, I shiver with thrills.

Pearl Jam are on the cover of SPIN right now...I don't LOVE the article about them, but I hear their new album is really fun, upbeat and good.  I shall check it out soon.

I can never remember how many people are in this band. so much goodness all around.

this is beyond amazing, as is Britt Daniel

5 comments:

Katie said...

That Radiohead cover is awesome, I always wanted to play it with my quartet

klein said...

I love you for posting that Clampdown cover! Just a few nights ago I was trying (in vain) to track down a mp3 of it online. It's like your psychic or something! Merci!

Hanan said...

de rien, klein!

Katzen, you should check out the entire CD, it's called Fuzzbox, and all string covers of rock songs. they do "Juicebox"...it's sweet.

Anonymous said...

Brazil cover by AF was a joy to listen to. Thanks

Hanan said...

you're quite welcome