Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Music Definitions: Soldier


this post was inspired by my favourite Jack White project, The Raconteurs.

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers [mp3]

The Kinks - Tin Soldier Man [mp3]

Bob Marley - Buffalo Soldier [mp3]

John Lennon - I Don't Wanna Be a Soldier [mp3]

Muse - Soldier's Poem [mp3]


The Doors - The Unknown Soldier [mp3]

Beck - Soldier Jane [mp3]

Oasis - Soldier On [mp3]

BONUS:

Andrew Bird - Fitz and the Dizzyspells [mp3]

"so soldier on, soldier on!"

5 comments:

Allie said...

aww cool i totally used to do that. I have cds just of songs with a certain word in the title. I would just search a word and download whatever songs came up. I did accidently end up with some albert hammond SENIOR music by doing this (the song "when i'm gone")

Jim said...

all these things that ive done by the killers

Hanan said...

Allie, whenever I come across Albert Hammond Sr's music in clearance record store bins, I chuckle a bit. in my opinion, his only contribution to the music world was getting it on like Donkey Kong with Albie's mum. oh, and speaking of record stores, have you found a record player yet?

Jim, I don't listen to The Killers anymore. I deleted them from my itunes, sold their cds, and gave my signed lp of Day and Age to my brother, who still likes them. after seeing them in concert, I was super disappointed, and subsequently realized that they weren't all that good to begin with. also, I only included the Andrew song because the song BEFORE was called "Soldier On", and it came to me.

Allie said...

Uh yeah Im not a fan of the killers either. unfortunatly I have to put the record player search on hold until this first round of exams is over. Donkey kong? gurl you are durrty! I love it.

Mac said...

Really loving that Andrew Bird song, thank you for highlighting him here, he hasn't really popped up on this side of the pond yet.