Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Casper Bangs - Queen of Hearts


you know how everybody's been talking about the xx, The Drums, The Big Pink? if you're like me and don't get the hype about those bands, or, if you're REALLY like me and can't stand those bands, listen below.

Casper Bangs - Queen of Hearts [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

take it from me, this song is very worthy of your time and ears. perfectly crafted, like The Pains of Being Pure At Heart but less intensely MBV and more rolling-in-the ocean-esque. like Sonic Youth at the beach. damn it, Casper Bangs is so much better than this mess.

the EP is available as a name-your-own-price-digital download. head on over to check it out.
buy the 7" HERE

official stats:
"Rob Pierangeli, otherwise known as the DC-based singer-songwriter, Casper Bangs, is releasing Whitespace 7" EP as a preview to his upcoming full length record, I Woke Up" (release date: 01 December 2009)

shows:
11/19---Rock & Roll Hotel with Stellastarr---Washington, DC
12/3---Pianos---nYc

visit Casper Bangs on MYSPACE

4 comments:

Katie said...

Sonic Youth at the beach? I must hear this.

Anonymous said...

Wait, didn't you post the mp3 for Let's Go Surfing recently though?

Hanan said...

um no, Mary Shea, you must be cheating on my blog with NME or something. I listened to the song a bunch of times a la youtube to try to "get" it, but then I realized that there isn't much to get. I don't even have the song in my itunes, if that's any consolation.

Anonymous said...

Oh okay. I dunno how I got it then. I like whistling the beginning of it haha but like you I don't understand the hype.