Friday, November 27, 2009

The Strokes Post #278



you know, "NYC Cops" is the greatest, but this song is embedded in my skin. the UK version of Is This It reigns supreme in my book, but the US version was the one that I listened to over and over and over again when I first discovered The Strokes (months and months before I even heard NYC Cops). so how could I hate this song? how could I hate any Strokes song?

the solo in this song is so pretty. I've noticed that since 2002, they don't play this song very much. the only other youtube video I found of this song was at Horseshoe Tavern

3 comments:

Type said...

Look at those legs. Nick walks on stilts.

Hanan said...

haha in these MTV videos Nick makes me think of Tim Burton's animated characters. like in Corpse Bride. long legs, elongated by pinstripe pants a la 18th century, yes? ahahah.

Type said...

Absolutely! He'd make a great Burton character