Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE

M. Ward - Green River (CCR cover) [mp3]
wasn't it the American musician in Hornby's A Long Way Down who pretended to have a lethal disease called CCR?

Beck - Stranger Song (Leonard Cohen cover) [mp3]

you can actually hear MGMT in this one, it's cool! for the entire album, head on over to Musical Pairings

Mark Ronson ft. Phantom Planet - Just (Radiohead cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
I love this, a whole fucking lot.

Marie La Foret - Paint it Black (Rolling Stones cover, en Francais) [mp3]
courtesy of our very own racist dragon, Allie

Joshua Radin - Sesame Street (Joe Raposo cover) [mp3]

v. cute.

Elliott Smith - I'm Only Sleeping (The Beatles cover) [mp3]
I love this song, I love Revolver, I love how happy Elliott sounds in it.

Ben Gibbard - To Sing for You (Donovan cover) [mp3]


Spoon - Rocket USA (Suicide Cover) [mp3]

Ben Harper - Strawberry Fields Forever (The Beatles cover) [mp3]


Eddie Vedder - Blackbird (The Beatles cover) [mp3]
I don't love Pearl Jam's new album, but I do like this, and I must listen to the Into The Wild soundtrack again very very soon. I miss it dearly.

Okkervil River - Some Weird Sin (Iggy Pop cover) [mp3]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha YES it was! God how I love Nick Hornby.

Shelby said...

I bought the Into the Wild soundtrack for my dad and he said it was the best gift I've ever gotten him. Haha I guess he really liked it! Man, Into the Wild the movie, the book, and soundtrack are all so good. All three make me cry!

Hanan said...

oh dude agree agree agree.
I made my mum watch the movie and she told me she had never cried so hard because of a movie before. when I told her it was a true story, she freaked out. she didn't believe me, I had to show her the book to prove it.

that's cool that you bought it for your dad. there's a great song by Kaki King in the film, you should check her out if you don't already know her.

PS Emile Hirsch = superb.

Katie said...

Oh jeez. Another movie I have to see.

Thanks for the covers!

Allie the ^ said...

dont get shelby started on emile hirsch. actually do get her started, i dont mind.

Shelby said...

Ahh I know I love Emile Hirsch. I have a huge crush on him, second to Julian that is ;) I loved him in Lords of Dogtown too.

Yeah I've heard of her, that's awesome. I thought it was only Eddie Vedder's songs in the movie. What's the song called?

Hanan said...

he's such a talented beast. I was even attracted to him while he was emaciated and stuff, I have issues.

her songs are in the score, not the soundtrack. here is one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9mkZVo0oM

I'll dig them up for you and post them.

MSO said...

hey man, that mark ronson / phantom planet cover of radiohead's just is so fly, i just have to have it. the box.net link is down.. would you mind terribly emailing it to me? i'd be forever indebted.

max.ohsawa@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

could i please please please have the radiohead cover as well - it is so freaking good! ljlamons@hotmail.com

thank you!

Ashley said...

oh no! link removed! I am heartbroken. Can you pop it back up, or email it to me? ashhammett@gmail.com

Thank you so much, these songs look amazing.