Friday, December 18, 2009

Classic Track Thursday



My Bloody Valentine - When You Sleep [mp3]

I adore this Irish band. I didn't always like them, until I bought Loveless (their second of two full length LPs, released in 1991). I had already heard a couple of tracks (which didn't impress me to the point of excitement) but then somebody mentioned the band, told me to listen to the album Loveless in particular when I mentioned that I wasn't a fan. I put it in the back of my mind until, the next day, when I was record shopping. I struck up a conversation with a stranger, asked him what his all time favourite record was, and he said Loveless. His friend was with him, and he had convinced his friend to grab the last used copy of the album, so I had to shell out a few extra dollars for a new copy, but it was very much worth it. Interestingly enough, the cd lay on my desk for about a week before I actually listened to it, but when I did:

bliss.

Loveless = drugs.
it compels repeated listens to say the least.
plus, the album art is fucking rad.

1 comment:

Jangle said...

Nice! This is one of my very few all-time favorites.