Sunday, January 17, 2010

new song: The Morning Benders- Promises


"I kept thinking that we grew up too fast...I know, I know I know this won't last"

everything from Talking Through Tin Cans, down to its title, evoked the carefree glories of childhood. well, The Morning Benders have done some serious growing up since their excellent 2008 debut, and, behold, they have reached their angsty teenager stage (just hear that bass go). join in on the fun, this is sure to be a interesting ride!

The Morning Benders - Promises [mp3]
from their upcoming Echo, which you can preorder on their WEBSITE

3 comments:

Tara said...

Trippy; I heard this song for the first time earlier today and was gonna post about it, then remembered I was still lagging in other bands I wanted to post about, so I wrote about one of them instead.

I'd never heard of The Morning Benders before, and had infact made a mental note to ask you about them as they're from Berkley haha. You're one big ball of psychic/awesome.

Also, I think you should come to the IOW fest. We have Hockey, Friendly Fires and Vampire Weekend on the line-up now too, not to mention Spandau Ballet(!!!). Although I guess it'll cost quite a bit what with travelling costs, so you're forgiven if you can't make it.

But back to the matter at hand - this track is very, very good.

doubletime said...

http://myentireface.blogspot.com/2010/01/shame-tutors.html

Hanan said...

Tara, the Morning Benders are just pure joy. because they are from Berkeley I actually had a heads up in knowing them, I got into them just afew months before they did tours with DCFC and The Shins and got a bigger internet following. they have a bunch of EPs and one album out. the album is just sunshine bliss and wonderful. just give "dammit anna" a listen...it's the first track and the pop sensibility on it continues throughout the album
it's funny you loved this new track, because I like it, but I'm gonna have to get used to it. it's very very different from their previous work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ00pKcoh3E

I have no idea what I'm doing this summer but that is not completely out of the question.