Thursday, January 21, 2010

White Stripes movie gets deluxe treatment


I've heard a lot about this movie, and Stereogum just announced some details regarding the DVD/album release. I'm just gonna copy and paste from this point forward, so watch out, lazy journalism is ahead!

"The album features 16 songs, recorded at various shows, and will be out on vinyl, CD and in a special limited-edition ox set. We have the tracklist and other details.

Tracklist:

01 "Let's Shake Hands"
02 "Black Math"
03 "Little Ghost"
04 "Blue Orchid"
05 "The Union Forever"
06 "Ball and Biscuit"
07 "Icky Thump"
08 "I'm Slowly Turning Into You"
09 "Jolene"
10 "300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues"
11 "We Are Going to Be Friends"
12 "I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself"
13 "Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn"
14 "Fell In Love With a Girl"
15 "When I Hear My Name"
16 "Seven Nation Army"

Under Great White Northern Lights is out 3/16 via Third Man. The limited-edition box will include the DVD, CD, and double LP along with a live DVD of the White Stripes 10th Anniversary Show Under Nova Scotian Lights plus and "Icky Thump" (Live) b/w "The Wheels On The Bus" (Live) 7", 208-page hardcover photo book (photos by Autumn de Wilde, foreword by Jim Jarmusch), and a Rob Jones silk-screen print. You can pre-order it now at whitestripes.com, where you'll also find more info."

I'm actually quite scared to visit the site, I don't wanna know how much this thing is gonna cost. I figure this much: if I find it at one of my record shops, I'll buy it. if not, then, well, it wasn't meant to be.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I shouldn't have looked... XP

Unknown said...

I already preordered this. It was a lot cheaper if you ordered before Jan 1st 2010. This is going to be incredible!!! I cannot wait.

Stereogum is a little bit late on this though. The deatails were made public more than a month ago.

Hanan said...

I'll just have to borrow it then, Shane.