Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE

Jay Reatard - Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle (Nirvana cover) [mp3]

Babyshambles - Janie Jones (The Clash cover) [mp3]


Cursive - Frankly, Mr Shankly (The Smiths cover) [mp3]

this is one of my favourite Smiths songs. I love its uptempo, and the lyrics make me grin. Cursive amend it a little, change "bloody" to "fucking" but it's a solid cover. nobody will ever be able to match Morrissey singing "it corrodes my soul", though.

James & Robert Mercer (The Shins' man and his brother) - Spanish Harlem (Bob Dylan cover) [mp3]
I've had this track for a couple of weeks now, it's good. it will be included on an upcoming covers album, stay tuned for that.

Stereophonics - Don't Let Me Down (The Beatles cover) [mp3]

Jamie Cullum - Our Day Will Come (Mort Garson cover) [mp3]

Ben Gibbard - To Sing for You (Donovan cover) [mp3]

Elliott Smith - I'll Be Back (The Beatles cover) [mp3]

1 comment:

Frankie said...

The Spanish Harlem Incident cover is superb. Thanks *thumbs up*