Monday, February 22, 2010

The Strokes Post #365 (ONE YEAR!)



wow, I can't believe it's been a WHOLE YEAR since I started doing daily Strokes posts! I started them just a couple of days after The Strokes returned to studio last February, and hopefully we will have a new album by the end of the summer.

anyhow, here's your fix of the day

there's a pretty badly constructed article (full of errors, but I'll let you find them, they're hilarious) about Julian HERE, but it's worth a read 'cause of Julian's words of wisdom

for example:

“On the one side, the goal was to take the music of bands like the Velvet Underground or Guided By Voices and make it mainstream, make the edgy cool weirdness into pop. That was the fantasy. But what actually happened is that we became indie superstars... But me and my big mouth sometimes have to admit we haven’t quite achieved the fantasy goal, as cool as the Velvet Underground but as big as the Rolling Stones.”

and the article's ending, about greed, it just hit me like a ton of bricks. he amazes me more and more every day.

"Long Island Blues" is being featured on a Haiti benefit CD which will be available through American Eagle Outfitters. I know, ew, but still, 100% proceeds to charity, plus it was compiled by Filter, which is a damn cool magazine. plus, you can buy it online and avoid the store all together.

Julian added another NYC show,

24th March @ Irving Plaza, and tickets will be available on Friday

finally, I'm listening to Minor Love again and I think it would be brilliant if Jules got Adam Green to support his remaining tour dates.

5 comments:

Sophia said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now and never commented before but one year of Strokes posts merits a comment and a big thank you for such an excellent blog!

Edith said...

Adam Green opening for Jules? That is an excellent idea. I sure hope it's not Telepathe again, i'm not too big on them.

Just got my pre-sale tix today, so excited! :D

Hanan said...

yeah I don't dig em either

Anonymous said...

"me and my big mouth" hahah.

If Julian got Adam Green to open for him, I would go to the show at the Rams Head in MD.

oh and Telepathe indifference (perhaps there's a better word?) x3

Caleb said...

congrats on 1 year of strokes posts!