Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday Music Definitions: Judge


I couldn't sleep last night so I was browsing fuckyeahtattoos and came across the greatest tattoo I have ever seen.

it says "allah wahdahu yastati' al-qadi li" which means "only g-d can judge me". it sent shivers down my spine because it reminded me of a chilling letter I once received that had that very message written on the back of the envelope (albeit in English). the fact that the tattoo is in Arabic amplified how powerful it was to me. because of my upbringing, I will associate the language with judgment forever. about me, my lifestyle, my choices. I've always wanted to get ink in Arabic, but mine will simply say سلام which is ‎"salam", or "peace"

anyhow, enjoy some tunes.

Black Lips - Before You Judge Me [mp3]

Radiohead - Myxomatosis (Judge, Jury & Executioner) [mp3]


Elvis Costello - The Judgement [mp3]

2Pac - Only G-d Can Judge Me [mp3]

4 comments:

yeahBoy said...

please tell me you know of the Wombats and their album 'a guide to love loss and desperation' more specically the song moving to new york. i'm the kid that told you about cage the elephant.

Hanan said...

ok that is one of my all time fave albums, love that song and let's dance to joy division the most on the whole thing. I've posted about them before


heeeeeeeeeeeey Cage the Elephant are still awesome

Anonymous said...

Hello
i have just been googling arabic spine tattoos and i love the look of this one..whats the meaning of it?Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

This is way grammatically off!