Sunday, April 5, 2009

an AMAZING version of "Postcards from Italy"


"Postcards from Italy" by Beirut was THE song that initiated my shameless love affair with Zach Condon. by love affair, yes I mean obsessive listening rampage.

I've been listening to a lot of his live performances, and I just realized, in the following mp3, starting at 2:15, Zach begins to sing in Italian! or at least I think it's Italian, that's what it sounds like, and it would make sense, given the title of the song

anyhow, give it a listen for yourself, it's beautiful! and, if anyone knows Italian and would like to share what Zach's singing, that would be much appreciated

Beirut - Postcards from Italy (KLRU studios 2007) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

3 comments:

Robin said...

Same for me :)

Hanan said...

oh, you're a fan? DAMNIT ROBIN, STOP BEING SO AWESOME! haha, seriously, you have impressive taste for your age. when I was 16, I was only JUST getting into good music, but that's because I grew up listening to my mum's music (old school Arabic folk) and my older brother's stuff (old school rap like Tupac) and only really began listening to my own music when I was 15 1/2...and I didn't discover Beirut until I was 18

Elina said...

oh, i would absolutely love to hear that version! i have an obsessive thing for that song, haha. any chance of a repost or could you email the song to me? the link isn't working anymore. would really appreciate it!

thanks!

elina.nilsson@live.se