Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Killers frontman disses Nirvana frontman on anniversary of his death

(this is a couple of days old, I only just came across it)

via NME

The Killers' Brandon Flowers has blamed Nirvana and Kurt Cobain for making rock music depressing. Despite the seminal grunge frontman dying almost 15 years ago to the day (he took his life on April 5, 1994), Flowers lambasted Cobain. "I don't mean it in a bad way but I think Kurt Cobain and grunge took the fun out of rock and roll," he said. However, Flowers says that he thinks his band is now making American music "a lot more playful and brighter" (Daily Star).

10 comments:

Caleb said...

what a joke! garbage.

Hanan said...

yeah that was the final straw, I don't think I can ever listen to The Killers again.

now, what to do with all the merch I own...hmm.

Unknown said...

Who the fuck are The Killers?

Hanan said...

haha seriously.

Unknown said...

Seriously, who the fuck are they?

Hanan said...

not to be rude or anything, but have you been living under a rock for the last 5 years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnwLf88t_Wc
that is The Killers. or what they used to be, anyways. now, they're covered in feathers and emanate ridiculousness.

Unknown said...

I never listen to the radio, that could be it.

Also,the YouTube link doesn't work in my country.

Ah well, I'm pretty sure I haven't missed anything important.

Hanan said...

ah, sorry, I assumed that you were American.

my apologies.

you really aren't missing anything. they're kind of awful (I'm only just realizing this)

jess said...

how rude, I think I'll have to boycott the Killers now. Just out of curiosity which Killer's song was that youtube link to?

Hanan said...

probably Mr Brightside. I think I linked to one of their singles