Friday, April 10, 2009

SPIN names top 10 albums of 2nd generation musicians


I'm disappointed that they didn't include Liam Finn or Sean Lennon (I'll be Lightning and Into the Sun are both excellent records), but was happy to see Jakob Dylan's Bringing Down the Horse (a la The Wallflowers) and Jeff Buckley's Grace (I didn't even know that his dad was a musician)

the rest of the list is kind of meh, check out the photo gallery of the list HERE

10. The Wallflowers, Bringing Down the Horse
9. Norah Jones, Come Away with Me
8. Charlotte Gainsbourg, 5:55
7. Damian Marley, Welcome to Jamrock
6. Rufus Wainwright, Poses
5. Nancy Sinatra, Nancy & Lee
4. Hank Williams Jr., Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
3. Jeff Buckley, Grace
2. Roseanne Cash, King's Record Shop
1. Nas, Illmatic

5 comments:

Murphey said...

You really should look up Tim Buckley, and that Damian Marley record is classic reggae.

Hanan said...

I will.

I never got into Damian. I only liek it when he covers his dad's stuff.

hippiesaredead said...

Norah Jones being on any best-of list, anywhere, is just disturbing.

Hanan said...

amen. my best friend and I have started a we-hate-Norah-Jones fanclub. basically, we just hark on her whenever we come across her records

how is she famous?

www.publicidad.org.es said...

Very helpful piece of writing, much thanks for the article.