Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Strokes Post #231

I'm in a concert mood today.

The Strokes - Wireless Festival, 21 June 2006 [ZIP FILE, ENTIRE CONCERT]


I think I actually have all of the videos to this concert somewhere on my external harddrive. I'll upload them to youtube soon.

1. Heart in a Cage [mp3]
2. You Only Live Once [mp3]
Julian adds some interesting lyrics near the end =)
3. The End Has No End [mp3]
I was singing this song really loudly (alongside Jules in my headphones) after my run yesterday, and scared a couple of my elderly neighbors who were in their front yard
4. Red Light [mp3]
5. Juicebox [mp3]
6. Someday [mp3]
7. Electricityscape [mp3]
8. Hard to Explain [mp3]
introduced with Julian singing a snippet of a very famous Franz Ferdinand song...as if the song weren't epic enough already XD
9. Last Nite [mp3]
I thank the universe every day for The Strokes.
10. Ize of the World [mp3]
hear that crowd go. I am so very green with envy.
11. Reptilia [mp3]
12. Ask Me Anything [mp3]
13. Vision of Division
14. Barely Legal [mp3]
15. New York City Cops [mp3]
16. Walk on the Wildside (Lou Reed cover) [mp3]
17. Take It Or Leave It [mp3]

what a masterfully created setlist. I love that they played "Ask Me Anything" at a festival. personally, I think the song is genius, but I could see how a person not familiar with The Strokes might be put off by it. yet they have the audacity to play it in front of such a large crowd, despite Julian claiming "it's pretty much a guaranteed bad idea". I love that.

unfortunately, like most of their 2006 concerts, their are almost no songs from Room on Fire.

4 comments:

Type said...

Nikolai's jacket scared the crap out of me. I've never seen him wear such a loud outfit rofl.

Anonymous said...

Yay for concert moods! Sucks about the lack of RoF songs, especially Under Control, since it's my fave.

Hanan said...

Under Control they rarely play live, which makes me sad because I love it so much. I could never choose a favourite from RoF, it's filled with goodness! Between Love and Hate, The End Has No End, 12:51, I Can't Win, Reptilia...oh no I'm listing them...I'll stop now =)

haha yes Nikolai's jacket is quite unlike him. it reminds me of the one Jim James wore in I'm Not There

Eric said...

What are they chanting at the beginning of Ize of the World?