Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Strokes Post #234

y'all must have noticed that I repost things every now and then, especially things that I love.

today is no exception.



this post was came into existence because I watched this last night and it got me really excited about her concert at the Fox in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure Little Joy are opening. I love everything about Regina, down to the fact that she was "discovered" by my favourite band and then proceeded to make sexy videos with them (see above). and I mean "sexy" in the Holden Caulfield sense.

10 comments:

ALLIE said...

awww i love this duet so much. on paper it doesmt seem like it would work but it totally does. me and my friend memorized a part (i was the regina part) and sing it sometimes on road trips its fun. i guess we dont work quite as well since we both have high voices:)

Hanan said...

it's a good thing neither of you sounds like Jules or else you would go all lesbian on each other.

Allie said...

well we are related but you know the power of baritones IS quite extreme, so maybe thats why we chose the person with the even higher voice to do his part.

Allie said...

hey hanan, ever seen that picture of regina, The strokes, and the KOL guys all wasted on a couch? its way funny.

Shelby said...

If I had a boyfriend I would totally make him sing this with me all the time.

Type said...

Jules so had a crush on her.

Shelby said...

something you all might appreciate ;) AHHH YAY!

http://www.amazon.de/Phrazes-Young-Julian-Casablancas/dp/B002KD0ORY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1255625645&sr=8-1

Edith said...

Thanks for the link Shelby! Although they are only 30 second samples, it's the best i've heard yet.

I cannot wait to listen to the full version of "Glass". That song is going to be fucking epic!

Hanan said...

Allie I have NOT seen that picture, but thank you google, I think I have material for tomorrow's Strokes post =)

and Type, I always had the inclination that they actually dated, but maybe that's just my brain in full musical fantasy mode.

Eric said...

Nikolai and Regina are really close. Nikolai, his wife and Regina and her boyfriend (or something like that) watched Obama win the election. I think that's what I read.