Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE

Ben Folds - Say Yes (Elliott Smith cover) [mp3]
just snagged this one, it's fantastic.

Lissy Trullie - Ready for the Floor (Hot Chip cover) [mp3]


Rogue Wave - On a Plain (Nirvana cover) [mp3]

Graham Coxon - Shipbuilding (Elvis Costello cover) [mp3]

I was just thinking this morning that I really never liked Blur; Pulp has always been my monosyllabic-with-the letter-"u"-Britpop-band-of-choice. (Jarvis' solo work is also > Graham's)

CSS - Cannonball (The Breeders cover) [mp3]


The Strokes - Life's a Gas (Ramones cover) [mp3]
oh how I love this.

Beirut - Shiki Shiki Baba (Kocani Orchestra cover) [mp3]

Foo Fighters - Baker Street (Gerry Rafferty cover) [mp3
]

Glen Campbell - Times like These (Foo Fighters cover) [mp3]

this is actually hilarious in an ironic, Napoleon Dynamite musical score kind of way.

Lightspeed Champion - Heart in a Cage (The Strokes cover) [mp3]


Jamie Cullum - Frontin (Pharrell cover) [mp3]

Band of Horses - Your Love Is Forever (George Harrison cover) [mp3]
this is incredible. Band of Horses is the perfect band to cover my favourite Beatle's trippy solo work, methinks.

6 comments:

Be Rad said...

Dude! Where's your Metric cover of "The End Has No End." I thought for sure you would put it up.

As devout Strokes fans(both you and I), I am curious to hear your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I don't know Lightspeed Champion, but this cover of Heart in a Cage is great. Thanks.

Katie said...

This is a great set, thanks Hanan

Hanan said...

to Be Rad, I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, look for it next week. I AM indeed obsessed with Strokes things, but I generally don't LOVE covers of The Strokes by other bands. plus, I can't remember who Metric are (I just remember that they were never memorable), they either have a chick lead singer or are electronica-y and neither seem too intriguing at the moment.

to Katie and anon, you're welcome.

Jake said...

ahh rehost elliot smith cover??

Hanan said...

I did, but next time could you use the zip?

enjoy =)