Monday, November 30, 2009

The Strokes Post #281 aka the greatest news since Obama won his Nobel Prize

THE STROKES ARE SCHEDULED TO PLAY A UK GIG ON JUNE 12, 2010.

holy crap. other than the Filter article which I was gonna post today, this solidifies my faith that all is well on The Strokes front. their recent bouts of hushed productivity have finally been confirmed!

not only does this mean fresh youtube videos ('cause we all know we've seen all their live performances a thousand times. er, maybe it's just me. stop self incriminating, Hanan), but hello, it's not like they're gonna play one gig and one gig only.

I am so ecstatic!!!! THEY'RE BACK! THEY'RE FUCKING BACK!

fuck Jay-Z.



The Strokes - Hard to Explain (demo) [mp3]

excuse me, I'm gonna go dance to Is This It.

PS many thanks to everyone who emailed me about this news.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I just saw the news & immediately came on over to see what you guys were thinking. My ass is tingling for some reason. That must be my body's reaction to the highest possible level of excitement. We should seriously get a group together to go. I know everyone is broke, but I absolutely refuse to miss this.

Edith said...

Me and my sister were just talking about that as well. My only question is, how early do you have to get to the festival to make it to the VERY DEAD CENTER FRONT?

I'm supposed to be saving up for my college, but this is truly calling my attention more at the moment.

If money will allow me, I am all for it!

Anonymous said...

I am freaking out. I cannot contain myself. I read the news while I was in class and did an internal happy dance/freakout/screaming.

Shelby said...

Dude I would totally blow my college saving to go to this! haha

Eric said...

Obama winning the Nobel prize was a joke. He was in office for 1-2 months when the ballots were turned in and didn't do anything to win the peace prize during that time.

Anonymous said...

Hey they play in 2010 not 2009

Tara said...

Edith, getting front and centre is not hugely difficult and it's always a amazingly fun weekend. And my past experiences have been sans The Strokes, can you IMAGINE how incredible this will be? I still can't believe Julian, Fab etc will actually be on my obscure little island, I used to dream about this (and am aware I sound intensely lame)

If you can't make it this it doesn't matter too much - I'm guessing this means they're back and they'll be announcing/playing shows again fairly soon.

If you can come you definitely should though - the more obsessive (don't deny it) Strokes fans the merrier!

Hanan said...

oh thanks anon. my sleep deprivation thanks you.

klein said...

Tara, do you LIVE on Isle of Wight? I REALLY NEED TO GO. I think I'm going. I hope.

Hahahh Eric your comment made me LOL. YOU'RE MISSING THE EXCITEMENT!

Tara said...

I do indeed live there Klein, bizarrely, if only for a little while longer. And if making the most of it while I'm here means going to see the Strokes then so be it I suppose :P

You should definitely come, it will be so much funnn!

klein said...

All the way from New Zealand Tara, I'M COMING! Just got the tickets! Eeeeeeee!

Tara said...

YES KLEIN, that is COMMITMENT! Ahhhh excited already, see you there!