Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday Music Definitions: Story


because, whether it's with a handful of drunk friends or to a bunch of super-attentive five year olds, I will always be a story teller at heart. and to me, music always tells the best stories. thank you all for letting me share my favourite musical tales with you.

The Velvet Underground - That's The Story Of My Life [mp3]

Brain Slaves - Weekend Story [mp3]
I love this band. they promised to send me more music but I think they're too busy being awesome to remember to follow through. oh well, the demos will suffice for now.

Mister Loveless - Good Story [mp3]


The National - Apartment Story [mp3]

Pulp - The Never-Ending Story [mp3]

BONUS:
Oasis - Champagne Supernova [mp3]
the epic closer to (What's the Story) Morning Glory, and my second favourite Oasis song. it's funny, for all music that is not The Strokes, I have clear favourites--songs, albums, everything. with The Strokes, though, I can never manage to pick favourites. well, except for this, I suppose.

No comments: