Friday, January 23, 2009

Alex Turner gets mathematical



"We're going to have a new album with you by the summer I think," he told Australian network Triple J. "[It's] 78 per cent is done, I have been working in fractions actually – two thirds. [I'm] thrilled with it."

read more over at NME

Josh Homme (of QOTSA fame) has produced the record. brace yourselves. 2009 is going to be such a dynamite year for music. it already is!

Arctic Monkeys - Brianstorm (live on Jools Holland) [mp3]


BONUS:
Spoon - My Mathematical Mind [mp3]

4 comments:

Murphey said...

Yayayayay can't wait, they sure took their time with this one, I hope they surprise all of us.

_Jackie_ said...

Great, GREAT news =-D
I can't wait for it!
And the songs they played in Wellington sound good so far.

Unknown said...

Very good news indeed!

Hanan said...

I will reiterate: 2009 = the greatest thing to happen to music, since probably 2006 (2007 was good too but 2006 was stupendous)

and the Monkeys have a LOT to do with that fact