Monday, March 30, 2009

Grand Lake just keep getting better

I saw them perform live for the second time at Amoeba Berkeley last Thursday, and their set was rockin'. The mic wasn't turned up loud enough, so you couldn't hear Caleb's voice perfectly, but it was awesome nonetheless. Ryan, Erica, Jameson and Caleb all played their hearts out. Their set included most of the songs off of their stellar 8 song EP (Nevermint, available now!) plus a couple of new ones. I really liked the one called "Werewolf Work Week" (or at least, that's what my memory tells me it was called. I'm sure the first word was Werewolf, though.)

Here are some pictures:











and, because I am absolutely shameless, I ended up buying records that day too. Total spent that week on records? 280.






I need to seek professional help. you know what kills me? that scene in High Fidelity where Rob refuses to buy that amazing record collection, because he has a conscience or whatever. The guy is a cheating douchebag, FUCK HIM OVER, TAKE HIS COLLECTION!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell.

back to Grand Lake, visit the band on MYSPACE

here are some upcoming dates, I highly recommend that you swing by one.

Apr 10 The Uptown w/ Dashing Suns, Sister Grizzly & Rad Cloud Oakland, California
Apr 18 Record Store Day! SLO ARTs Center w/ Golden Animals, Dirt Dress San Luis Obispo, California
Apr 29 The Knockout SAN FRANCISCO

here's the closing song off the record, I am absolutely addicted to it:

Grand Lake - Blue Hoodie [mp3]

No comments: