Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Music Definitons: HAPPY RECORD STORE DAY!

today's post will be a little different than usual, I'm gonna post songs from my "first" records

Maroon 5 - The Sun [mp3]
from the first CD that I ever bought--Songs About Jane

Voxtrot - Blood Red Blood [mp3]

from the first CD I bought at a merch table--Voxtrot (at the Arctic Monkeys' Warfield show)

The Strokes - The Way It Is (home recording) [mp3]

a b-side from the first single I ever bought--12:51

The Velvet Underground - Femme Fatale [mp3]
from my favourite dollar CD I ever bought--The Velvet Underground and Nico

The Doors - Soul Kitchen [mp3]

from my favourite dollar vinyl purchase, The Doors

Wild Sweet Orange - Ten Dead Dogs [mp3]
from my first ever LP purchase, We Have Cause to Be Uneasy

all of the above albums are really important to me. I hope you enjoy the songs. go out and celebrate Record Store Day by buying shitloads of music in my honour.

No comments: